– Updated 1st June 2021
Adam van de Water and Brava Financial Services Pty Ltd
ABN 93 117 384 120
How we manage your personal information
Consultum Financial Advisers Pty Ltd
GPO Box 264 Melbourne, VIC 3001.
Collecting and using your personal information
We will collect and use your personal information (which may, if authorised and required, include your sensitive information, such as health information) for a variety of purposes, including to provide you with the financial services you have requested (including answering your requests and complaints, varying products and services and managing your relevant product portfolios) and to contact you about other products and services that may be relevant to you. We may also collect personal information in order to prevent or investigate any fraud or crime, or any suspected fraud or crime.
We’ll collect your personal information from you directly whenever we can. Sometimes we collect your personal information from other sources or third parties such as your accountant, or other reliable identity verification service providers. We do this only if it’s necessary to do so, for example where:
- we need information from an insurer about an insurance application you make through us;
- at your request, we exchange information with your legal or financial advisers or other representatives.
If we collect information that can be used to identify you, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of that collection.
We may collect information about you because we are required or authorised by law to collect it. There are laws that affect financial institutions, including company and tax law, which require us to collect personal information. For example, we require personal information to verify your identity under Commonwealth Anti-Money Laundering law.
What happens if you don’t provide your information to us?
If you choose not to provide your information to us, we may not be able to:
- provide you with the product or service you want;
- manage or administer your product or service;
- verify your identity or protect against fraud; or
- let you know about other products or services that might better meet your financial and lifestyle needs.
Protecting your privacy
Protecting your privacy is essential to our business. Your file, containing your profile, personal objectives, financial circumstances and our recommendations, is kept securely.
Disclosing your personal information
We may share your personal information (which may, if authorised and required, include your sensitive information, such as health information) with third parties for the purposes for which we are authorised to use your information.
This may include to the following types of third parties:
- those involved in providing, managing or administering the products or services you have requested, including other advisers, paraplanners and organisations who work with us, including Consultum and other members of the IOOF Group, depending on the financial services and products you have requested;
- insurance providers, superannuation trustees and product providers related to the financial services you have requested;
- professional associations and organisations that help us operate our business, such as those that provide administrative, financial, accounting, insurance, research, legal, strategic advice, auditing, computer or other business services, including our Licensee Consultum and other members of the IOOF Group;
- your representatives, service providers, or other organisations, such as your accountant, solicitor, tax agent, stockbroker or bank;
- organisations involved in a business restructure or a transfer of all or part of the assets of our business; and
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations when required or authorised by law (in some instances these bodies may share it with relevant foreign authorities)
- where you have given your consent.
We run our business in Australia. In order to provide you with our services however, we may share your information with organisations outside Australia. Any overseas disclosure does not affect our commitment to safeguarding your personal information and we will take reasonable steps to ensure any overseas recipient complies with Australian privacy laws.
Consultum and other members of the IOOF Group may contact you from time to time on an ongoing basis about suitable products and services via the contact details you have provided. We may continue to contact you for these reasons until you withdraw your consent. You can do this at any time by contacting us (see the ‘Contact us’ section of this FSG). We will process your request as soon as practicable.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
For more information about your privacy, you can also visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au